Welcome to FixATune!

Welcome Musicians, Mix Engineers, Mastering Engineers, Hobbyists and Home Recordists Alike!

This category is for members to introduce themselves with a friendly greeting and to let you know what FixATune is all about.
Roxanne

Re: Welcome to FixATune!

Postby Roxanne » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:50 am

Hi there! I'm Roxanne.

When it comes to music . . . I've come a long way! I started about a decade ago. I stripped the melody tracks from MIDIs, converted them to MP3s, and either sang over them or rendered the vocals in a voice synth. I was using Audacity and I did things that make me cringe now! I made the vocals clip because I thought it sounded "cool"! I got into some vocal synth communities and my mixes became a mess. I could never line them up thanks to bad timing and Audacity's lack of snap to grid features. I was stuck using MP3s for the backings and I was in a pretty awkward place. I had gotten some advice on how to use reverb by someone I really looked up to . . . and it stuck, even though it was some of the worst advice I've gotten when it comes to mixing!

In 2010, thanks to a real creeper, I switched over to REAPER and ditched reverb on vocals for good. I've been using REAPER ever since, and I absolutely adore it! A combination of copyrighted music being muted on Youtube and a lack of interest in my old community left me moving away from using MP3s to the point where if I have to use them I balk.

I started on my own originals . . . but thanks to a lack of talent and a lack of funds, I'm stuck using VSTis. On that note, Sforzando is a life saver. If anyone's got any good SFZs, throw them my way!

Eventually I want to set up a studio and master songs for my mom and her man. (They play real instruments!)

I'm long winded and I have a tendency to go off topic. For the funzies I troll MuseScore for sheet music to make low effort covers with vocal synths and VSTis. I'm tone deaf and I can't sing on key, but gosh darn it, I love music!

FixATune

Postby FixATune » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:38 am

Hi Roxanne,

Thanks so much for joining!
I've been accused of going on at length sometimes in the past as well (rightly accused I think-lol).
It's great having the real scoop on things- where you've come from and what you're hoping to achieve.
I hope you get a lot from FixATune and thanks again for joining!

[quote="Roxanne"]Hi there! I'm Roxanne.

When it comes to music . . . I've come a long way! I started about a decade ago. I stripped the melody tracks from MIDIs, converted them to MP3s, and either sang over them or rendered the vocals in a voice synth. I was using Audacity and I did things that make me cringe now! I made the vocals clip because I thought it sounded "cool"! I got into some vocal synth communities and my mixes became a mess. I could never line them up thanks to bad timing and Audacity's lack of snap to grid features. I was stuck using MP3s for the backings and I was in a pretty awkward place. I had gotten some advice on how to use reverb by someone I really looked up to . . . and it stuck, even though it was some of the worst advice I've gotten when it comes to mixing!

In 2010, thanks to a real creeper, I switched over to REAPER and ditched reverb on vocals for good. I've been using REAPER ever since, and I absolutely adore it! A combination of copyrighted music being muted on Youtube and a lack of interest in my old community left me moving away from using MP3s to the point where if I have to use them I balk.

I started on my own originals . . . but thanks to a lack of talent and a lack of funds, I'm stuck using VSTis. On that note, Sforzando is a life saver. If anyone's got any good SFZs, throw them my way!

Eventually I want to set up a studio and master songs for my mom and her man. (They play real instruments!)

I'm long winded and I have a tendency to go off topic. For the funzies I troll MuseScore for sheet music to make low effort covers with vocal synths and VSTis. I'm tone deaf and I can't sing on key, but gosh darn it, I love music![/quote]

makegoodmusic

Postby makegoodmusic » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:49 pm

Hi makegoodmusic here,Like to thank Michael Angel for the invite, I am a musician/songwriter/producer/engineer that is looking forward to learning some new things about mixing & mastering plus share some of my insights as well staying within the topics ...cheers

FixATune

Postby FixATune » Sun May 14, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi there- welcome aboard!
Excited to have you here, and looking forward to sharing in the joy of mixing, mastering, and music!

[quote="makegoodmusic"]Hi makegoodmusic here,Like to thank Michael Angel for the invite, I am a musician/songwriter/producer/engineer that is looking forward to learning some new things about mixing & mastering plus share some of my insights as well staying within the topics ...cheers[/quote]

Return to “Welcome To The FixATune Forum”